Disclaimer: The given NBSE Class 9 Social Science 2020 question paper has been sourced from NBSE
Total marks : 80 || Time : 3 hours
General instructions :
i) The question paper consists of 25 main questions.
ii) Internal choice has been provided in some questions.
iii) Alternate question for the visually impaired students is provided in question 23. Only the visually impaired students has to attempt such alternate questions.
iv) Marks allocated to every question are indicated against it.
N.B: Check that all pages of the question paper is complete as indicated on the top left side.
1. Choose the correct answer from the given alternatives:
(a) When was the USSR disbanded? (1)
(b) Lenin became the leader of the Bolshevik Party in (1)
(c) Mango showers fall in which of the following states? (1)
(ii) Bihar-Uttar Pradesh
(iv) Odisha-Andhra Pradesh
(d) The river Narmada has its source at (1)
(iv) Slopes of the Western Ghats
(e) Which of the following lakes is a saltwater lake? (1)
(iv) Gobind Sagar
(f)Early maps were based on (1)
(ii) surveying of the land
(iii) latitudes and longitudes
(iv) astronomical determination
(g) When was the Constitution of India enforced? (1)
(h) Who appoints the Chief Election Commissioner in India ? (1)
(i) Prime Minister
(iii) Chief Justice
(i) Which state has the largest number of members in the Vidhan Sabha? (1)
(iii) Uttar Pradesh
(j) Who is remembered as “The physician gifted with the natural gift of healing”? (1)
(i) Mr. Mayangnokcha
(ii) Mr. Lhoulienyü Suokhrie
(iii) Dr. Imkongliba Ao
(iv) Dr. T. Ao
Answer the following questions in one word or one sentence not exceeding 15 words:
2. What was the first revolutionary step taken by the Council of People’s Commissars under Lenin? (1)
3. What was a Soviet? (1)
4. Define climate. (1)
5. What is a drainage basin? (1)
6. What is a watershed? (1)
7. What is an atlas? (1)
8. What is an Amendment? (1)
9. What has India borrowed from the Constitution of the United Kingdom? (1)
10. Name the right given to all adults to vote. (1)
11. Who was the first Naga lady Indian Ambassador? (1)
Answer the questions in about 20-30 words:
12. Who took command after the fall of Kerensky’s government and what was the new government called? (1+1=2)
13. What is Loo? When and where does it blow? (1+1=2)
14. What is a Constitution? (2)
15. Distinguish between Ballot paper and Electronic Voting Machine. (2)
16. What is population? Mention two factors that determine the population change. (1+1=2)
17. Write any two outcomes of the Ahom-Naga trade relation. (2)
Answer the questions in about 50 -70 words:
18. a. State and explain the usefulness to conserve wildlife. (4)
b. State any four methods to conserve wildlife in India.
19. Give four arguments for democracy. (4)
20. a. Briefly explain any four writs that the courts can issue to protect the rights of the citizens. (4)
b. Mention any four Fundamental Duties of a citizen of India.
21. a. When was the National Population Policy implemented? Mention its objectives. (1+3=4)
b. What is occupational structure? Briefly explain the three various occupations.
22. a. Explain any two types of unemployment in India. (4)
b. Mention any four causes of unemployment in India.
23. On the given political map of India, four features A, B, C, D have been indicated. Identify these features with the help of the information mentioned below and write their correct names against their letters. (4)
i) Gir National Park
ii) Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary
iii) Mahanadi basin
iv) Alpine and Tundra vegetation
Note : The Following questions are for visually impaired candidates only in lieu of Q. 23
i) Which river is also known by the name ‘Dakshin Ganga’? (1)
ii) Which forests are the most widespread forests in India? (1)
iii) Name the National bird of India. (1)
iv) Where is the Corbett National Park located? (1)
24. Answer any three questions in about 80 – 100 words. (3×6=18)
(a) Explain the political and social causes of the French Revolution. (6)
(b) Mention any six factors that contributed to the birth of nationalism in India. (6)
(c) Explain any six characteristic features of tropical evergreen forests. (6)
(d) Explain any three essential features of a democracy. (6)
(e) Explain any six features of the Food Security Act 2013. (6)
25.a. Give an account on the coming of Christianity in Nagaland.
b. Explain any four major factors that influenced the British government in the colonisation of Nagaland.